Tuesday 30 October 2012

Homemade Popcorn




I haven't met many people that don't like popcorn, and I love the stuff! A while back, Boyfriend and I bought a mammoth sized box of microwave popcorn at Costco. While I was waiting for it to pop one night, I took a look at the ingredients list via another bag and my first thought was "what's all this non corn stuff?". Sometime later, while I was feeding my Pinterest addiction, I came across a site that detailed how to microwave popcorn on your own, without buying the pre-bagged stuff. I was skeptical at first, but I gave it a try (and I'm very glad I did!). Here's how it's done:
1. Scoop up just under half a cup of naked (ooo la la, sexy corn) kernels and plop them into an unused, brown paper bag (you can get packs of these at most grocery-esk stores). Fold the top of the bag closed; a couple of folds should do the trick. Put the bag in the microwave for about 3 minutes. You should listen to the pops. When the pops get far apart, it's time to take the bag out of the microwave.
2. Pour your delicious snack into a bowl and add your toppings. You can eat it just the way it is, but I'm a glutton and I love me some salt and butter.
3. Eat the heck out of it and enjoy :)
I've eaten my weight in popcorn over the last month using this method, and I'm really happy with it. I actually prefere the taste of this stuff to the pre-bagged stuff! I like it even more than the movie theatre kind. I've only had a couple of problems, one being my inatentiveness letting the popcorn burn, and the second one was when I folded the bag too tight and it blew out the bottom of the bag. All in all, I am thrilled with this new method of popcorn creation. If you give it a try, be sure to let me know your adventures in kernel-dom in the comments below. Have a great day :)

4 comments:

  1. Only you would blow the bottom outta a bag of popcorn! Hahaha... Also, I'm going to stay Anonymous until you guess my real identity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only Aaron and Marissa would know exactly how prone I am to things like this.

      Delete
  2. Booooo! Blocking trolls from commenting is not approved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn... your good!

    ReplyDelete